9 Best Shampoos for Curly Hair: 10 CG-Approved Options 
Any curly-haired person will tell you that waves, curls, and coils take a whole different set of hair care products to get the best possible result. Curly hair types are dryer as it is harder for natural oils to go down the hair strand. That is the reason why curly gals & gents have to use milder shampoos that are gentle for one’s hair. What is the best shampoo for curly hair, then?
There are many great options in the market nowadays. Look for shampoos without any harsh alcohols that tend to dry your hair strands even more. Say big NO NO for silicones as they coat your hair with a thin firm therefore, your hair can’t absorb moisture. Avoid parabens, waxes, and sulfates. Luckily, the shampoos we will recommend in this article are free from all these harmful ingredients mentioned before.
Note: If you click on any link & decide to buy it, I may earn a small commission.
9 Best Shampoos for Curly Hair in 2022 (CG-approved)
If you are looking for the best shampoo for your waves, curls, or coils, you’ve come to the right place! Our expert, Trisha Champan, says that good shampoo for curls has to be gentle and shouldn’t strip your natural oils. Hot tip: look for oils and herbal extracts!
#1 Curlsmith Core Strength Shampoo – best curls shampoo overall
#2 Bounce Curl Enzyme Gentle Clarifying Shampoo – best shampoo for low and mid-porosity hair
#3 Ethique Professor Curl Solid Shampoo – best shampoo for the environment
#4 ACURE Wave & Curl Color Wellness Shampoo – best for chemically treated and colored hair
#5 PURA D’OR Curl Therapy Shampoo – best shampoo for fine hair
#6 Curlsmith Shine Shampoo – best fragrance-free shampoo
#7 Flora & Curl Rose Water & Honey Cream Shampoo – best shampoo for wavy hair
#9 Jessicurl Gentle Wash Shampoo – best protein-free shampoo
All these shampoos are suitable for CGM as well, so if you are on this journey, worry not – we’ve got you covered.
- A protein-rich, gentle shampoo formulated for regular washes
- Contains hemp seed oil for moisturized & strong hair
- Gentle, color-safe, and sulfate-free formula removes the buildup
- Helps to maintain a healthy moisture-protein balance
- Doesn't have a strong smell, but if you are sensitive to fragrances, it is best to look for other options
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- Safe for the environment as it contains no plastics, phthalates, parabens, or dyes.
- Ingredients used in this shampoo bar are fair-trade & ethically sourced
- Hydrates curls & balances the pH of the scalp
- Safe for color-treated hair and damaged curls
- Hair becomes softer, voluminous, and easy to manage
- Shampoo boxes are fully recyclable & compostable
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- This cream shampoo is easily absorbed and very hydrating
- Moisturize, detangle and reduce breakage of one's curls
- Removes dirt & build-up without striping natural oils
- Adds shine, softens, and conditions your curls
- Has an amazing rose smell
- Does not make foam therefore, you have to use more product
There are so many shampoos in the market that it is quite easy to get lost in the hair care aisle at the supermarket. However, I hope that this list will make your decision easier. If you are keen to learn more about what to look for and avoid in your curl care products, read this article where we are talking about it.
Get the hair you deserve!