12 Best Curly Hair Products for Men (CGM-Approved)
Hey, curly guys, it’s your time to shine!
Curls are great but if you are not sure how to style and control them it can be a total disaster.
Curly girls can assure you that taking care of your hair is a form of art but if you are a guy with short curly hair it can get messy as well. Short hair can be the cause of tight and frizzy curls.
Good hair days begin with the right haircut, however, to keep your curls in place you need to use a few hair products. It can be difficult for a man if you don’t want to smell like a marshmallow or a field of flowers.
That’s why we at SubjectCurls decided to put the 10 best curly hair products for men guide. All products are CGM-approved and are safe for your awesome curls.
From deep conditioning to the perfect hair mousse. We’ve got you!
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive.
Note: If you click on any link & decide to buy it, I may earn a small commission.
Shampoo for curly hair men (CGM-approved)
Doesn’t matter if you are a girl or a guy – you have to take proper care of your scalp if you want to have healthy hair. Avoid harsh ingredients and look for natural products.
If you are shampooing your hair every day might be that you are overwashing your hair. Try to use a cleansing conditioner every other time!
- Suitable for all hair types
- Contains moisturizing ingredients (argan oil, glycerin, vitamin E, and panthenol)
- Smells amazing (but not too strong!) and has that awesome tingling when you apply this shampoo
- Can be used even on the sensitive scalp as the ingredients are gentle
- Menthol stimulates blood circulation therefore your hair may grow quicker
+ Helps to detangle hair
+ Works wonders for type 4 hair
+ Thick texture so easy to spread throughout the hair
+ Helps to retain moisture
+ Great price
+ Our favorite
- Might not be the best co-wash choice for thin or wavy hair
- Contains coconut oil, which is not everyone’s cup of tea
- Packaging (jar) is not convenient
Cruelty-free but not 100% vegan
Conditioner for curly hair men (CGM-approved)
If you never used a conditioner, you should start doing that! Conditioner adds extra moisture and closes your hair cuticles after shampooing. Look for conditioners without silicones, parabens, or drying alcohols.
- Clean & all-natural ingredients
- Helps top combat frizz
- Leaves your hair shiny, detangled & properly moisturized
- Works well on curls, coils, and waves. Also, it's fragrance-free so it's a great choice if you have a sensitive scalp
- Contains protein so might not be the best choice if you have 3A type or protein-sensitive hair
Vegan & cruelty-free
Deep conditioner for curly hair men (CGM-approved)
Dull, frizzy, and brittle curls? You might need to incorporate deep conditioner into your routine! Don’t worry, you can use this product bi-weekly and it doesn’t take a lot of time. Check our guide on how to deep condition curly hair.
It doesn’t matter if you have wavy, curly or coily hair, this deep conditioner ticks all the boxes: it’s inexpensive, super moisturizing, smells fantastic, and has no harsh ingredients.
You have to leave it on your hair for 15 minutes (or more, if you want to).
What to expect? Soft, smooth, and moisturized hair.
Suitable for very damaged hair as this product contains lots of protein. This product might be too strong if you have unbleached, overall healthy hair.
It smells like mint, so if you don’t like it, this product might not be the one for you.
Best curl cream for men (CGM-approved)
If you have type 3C or type 4 hair curl cream is a better option for you as it is heavier, more hydrating, and helps to enhance your natural curl pattern. Here are a few options:
Best hair gel for curly hair men (CGM-approved)
- Provides extra strong hold
- Defined, soft to touch, and moisturized curls? With this gel, you can have everything
- No coconut oil. No glycerin. These two ingredients are not for everyone so if you have coconut oil or glycerin sensitive hair this spiralicious gel is for you, my friend.
- High price point but you only need a dime size of product.
- Fragrance free, therefore suitable for sensitive scalps!
Vegan & cruelty-free
The bottom line
You really CAN have it all: definition, softness, and shine. Don’t forget to always check the ingredients lists as they are constantly changing.
Oh, and one tip: you don’t have to spend a fortune to have perfect hair.